It took a while but its finally live.
Some of the changes that happened:
- New design and logo. More pages added explaining our features
- Written from scratch on node.js. No more PHP
- Smart search powered by Algolia
- A big focus was made on our combination feature. You can now visually create your combined URLs using the "Collection" functionality
- Fully open sourced and updated repo https://github.com/jsdelivr/www.jsdelivr.com
- Added a sponsors page to encourage to contributions to jsDelivr
- A debug tool was added to help people find potential issues
- Statistics were added. We tried to add as much information as we could with more coming soon.
Subresource Integrity (SRI)Along with the above changes we also added SRI support into our "Collections" functionality.
SRI makes sure that the file loaded from the CDN is the one you expect and was not modified in any way. This protects your site from malware and other potential security risks.
To generate SRI links on jsDelivr all you have to do is to select the files you want to use and then go to "Collections" and select the "SRI" option.
If you noticed one file doesn't have an SRI. Thats because Chrome has a buggy implementation that breaks files containing UTF-8 characters. This bug is not present in Firefox Developer Edition which also supports SRI, but to ensure a smooth experience for all users we decided to temporary stop generating hashes for those files.
Also make sure you never manually generate SRI hashes for dynamic jsDelivr files. It is only compatible with 100% static files.
For example our version aliasing feature is not compatible because it will update the contents of the files changing the hash and preventing the file from loading on your site.
I hope you liked it!
Next we plan updating our API to v2 with a more stable backend and more functionality.
Feel free to join our project and contribute, everyone is welcomed.